Welcome to SEPTO Network
Special Education Parent Teacher Organization Network
(A Special Education Parent Advocacy Group based in Milford, Connecticut)
Providing Resources and Support for Parents and Teachers
Easton's Way - A Poem that sums up the reason for what we do.
To help new Special Education parents AVOID THIS:
- Provide vital information and support.
- Help parents understand Special Education issues.
- Equip parents to hold schools accountable for effective educational results.
- Advance the quality and delivery of Special Education services.
PARENT SUPPORT MEETINGS
7 pm - 8 pm: Open Public Meeting / Guest Presenter
8 pm - 9 pm: Closed Private Meeting (Parents Only)
Monthly - Usually the last Wednesday. See our Calendar.
Next Meeting - Wednesday, 11-20-2013
TOPIC: How I Learned to Live With Autism & How Your Child Can Too!
Speaker: An individual with Autism
WHERE: Margaret Egan Center, Matthews Street, Milford
DATE: Wednesday, Nov. 20th
TIME: 7 p.m.
This presentation is an opportunity to see the world from the unique perspective of an individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
The presenter, an adult with Autism who was raised in the era before special education, will describe how he adapted to life in an unforgiving world and the lessons he learned about social integration.
Parents will learn strategies to help their children fit in with peers and get more out of life.
Topics will include:
- What Autism is & what it isn't;
- Developing hidden talents;
- Teaching the unwritten rules;
- How not to modify behavior; and
- Encouraging self-advocacy.
Refreshments will be served.
We look forward to seeing you. :-)
For more information, contact
Susan St. Pierre, President: 203-640-8017
Email: susan.stpierre AT snet.net.
Be sure to check the CALENDAR listings for Special Education Events, Workshops, Seminars, Etc. in the area.
FORUM & EMAILS
Register at our FORUM (Top Left this page) to:
- Gain FULL ACCESS to our on-line discussion "Topics" in the Forum: both viewing and posting.
- Recieve periodic Newsletters and timely emails.
Connecticut Special Education Parent Teacher Organization Alliance
(CT SEPTO Alliance)