SEPTO Network Mission
OUR PRIMARY MISSION
- To advance the quality and delivery of Special Education services in our public schools.
- To provide vital information and support to parents of Special Education students.
- To help parents understand Special Education issues.
OUR SECONDARY MISSION
Recognizing that every child deserves excellence in education and a quality life, the purpose of SEPTO Network is to serve the special education student and their families by:
- Providing vital information and support to parents through sponsorship of forums, discussion groups and workshops in order to enhance parent's efforts to maximize the potential of their children;
- Training parents to be partners in education through networking opportunities with teachers, educators and other professionals;
- Creating a mutually supportive environment for parents of both younger and older special education students to share experiences, resources and expertise;
- Advocating for the issues affecting special education students and their families.
- Promoting the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community.
- Helping to raise the standards of home life,
- Advocating to secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth,
- Bringing into closer relation the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Developing, between educators and the general public, such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, education.