AN EXCITING *FREE* PUBLIC FORUM
Saturday, March 9th 2013
2:00 - 4:30 PM
Wilson Library, 303 Washington Ave., New Haven
- Come hear from speakers around the world how Inclusion Teaming brings typical and non-typical communicators together.
- Learn about: Curriculum standards, Financial access, Mental Health Safety Net, and how to get an Inclusion Teaming program in your community.
- John Elder Robison, Amherst MA, author, adjunct faculty at Elms College, TMS research on autism at Harvard Medical School, and national speaker on Asperger’s syndrome
- Stephen Mark Shore, Boston MA, author, assistant professor Adelphi University, and international speaker on Asperger’s syndrome/autism
- Kylie McClelland, New South Wales Australia, author, parent
- Kathleen Tehrani, Orlando Florida, Founder Autism Brainstorm
- Michelle Kelly, Tasmania Australia, Specialty in Autism Spectrum Disorders, Volunteer at Autism Tasmania Inc.
- Alexandra Belaire, Ontario Canada, BS Physics, IM/IT, writer on Asperger’s Syndrome, Society of Collaborative Opportunities and Advancement of Professionals, Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance
- Jennifer O’Toole, Charlotte NC, author, Kingsley Publisher for Autism and Asperger’s
- Dena Gassner, Brentwood TN, Director of the Center for Understanding
- Catherine Sharafanowich, R.Ph., Milford CT, Director of Pharmacy Cornell Hill Heath Center, New Haven CT, parent
- Rosaline Brown, LCSW, Torrington CT, Clinical Supervisor Department of Social Services, Ethics Committee NASW
- Maryann Lombardi, Advocacy Solutions, statewide, Former Vice Chair CT Council for Developmental Disabilities
- Kevin Daly, Past State President CT Parent Teacher Association, Chair of CT Special Education PTO Alliance
- Johnny Garcia, Norwalk CT, Fairfield Prep, Holy Cross College student, participant/leader
- Sean Donaghue, New Canaan CT Fairfield Prep, Holy Cross College student, participant/leader
- Brendan Wendt, Easton CT, Southern CT State University, participant/leader
- Tim Attolino, Milford CT, Senior, Fairfield Prep, participant
- Courtney Rosa, Milford CT, Senior, Jonathan Law High School, participant
- Brian McGovern, New Haven CT, MSW, Co-Facilitator
- Shane Smith, Guilford CT, Mission Volunteer, youth leadership
- Kayla Brackett, Monroe CT, ILM student, HS Youth Advocate
Inclusion Teaming is a non-profit community service that teaches typical and non-typical communicators
(i.e. those with social communication challenges) how to bridge their differences and prepares them for improved interaction in school and workplace settings.
Catherine A. Hogan, LCSW, Founder Director of Inclusion Teaming, has had a Special Needs career since Smith College at Schools, Yale Child Study Center, School Social Work Association, Educational Advocacy, and now Ethics Committee of NASW.
The Community Foundation of Greater New Haven has helped sponsor this public event.